Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Habits

Check out Newman after one of our jogs on Saturday, he ran with me the whole time and when we got back to the car he was so tired, he fell asleep for a few minutes on the asphalt after he drank all his water!! Too cute!

So I've now been eating differently for about a month. I feel pretty good most of the time still. I've had a slip up here and there but nothing serious, no binge eating or anything crazy! I need to be more vigilant about going to the grocery store and staying stocked up with good foods. But I've clearly created newer better habits, most of my plate consisting of veggies and a little bit of meat or a little bit of grains. I'm still staying away from potatoes, pasta, & bread as much as possible. I think I'm going to pick up some high fiber wraps and do that for some lunches with veggies or turkey inside. No mayonnaise either, I've dropped mayo from my life... and I've realized I don't really like it anyways. Dijon mustard is the new condiment for me lol!

As far as exercising goes, I've been doing good, but I need to step it up. After all... I only have about 10 weeks until my first goal which is to drop 20 lbs. This weekend I did my morning walk/jogs with Newman, we did 1.6 miles on Saturday and a little over 2 miles on Sunday as well as my exercises I found on pinterest, which is just a series of exercises (picture included). This week I've been doing walks but I need to kick it up a notch. My dad just put a stationary bike in the garage so I think I'm going to add an hour of that daily. I made a pretty rocking play list to go along with that to keep me moving fast. I've included a lot of pictures I've pinned to my fitness board on pinterest (follow me!). One of the best things I've found so far is a bunch of exercises to do along with one of my favorite TV shows, The Vampire Diaries. Basically anytime certain things happen, you do an exercise... pretty cool! You could really translate this into any show just changing the situations. Who said you need to be sitting on your ass for the whole 60 minutes of television!

I also am going to start training with some free weights, we have tons of them at my house so I think I will be doing this from home as well. Or taking them to the park with me, etc. Another cool thing I found was creating a jar and every time I work out, I put a dollar in the jar. And once the jar is full... treat myself to something whether that be a massage, getting my nails done, new outfit, etc. I really like that idea!


I'm really just shocked at how this has been easy, well maybe not easy.. but definitely easier than I made it out to be in my mind. I start to think about why I haven't started this until now. But then I just remember that now is a better time to be doing this than 10 years from now. I really am just too excited, I want to see what I will look like 2,3,4, & 6 months from now. I haven't got on the scale yet, I'm still planning to do it every 2 weeks, so I'll need to get on it this weekend!

No comments: