Thursday, September 20, 2012

Goals.

 I'm sitting here on Facebook at work (of course), and I'm browsing through photos of myself and I'm desperate for my hair to be longer. I'm currently growing it out (after chopping it all off in March). So it got me thinking about goals being that it is a goal of mine to grow my hair out longer. I included some pics where my hair is much longer and in one pic it's a blondish brown, and in the other it's dark brown. Anyways so it got me thinking about my goals and I've finally figured out some weight loss goals as well. I'll list them out below.
1. Continue growing out my hair, avoiding getting it cut especially while in the awkward phase it's in right now. With growing it out, avoid dying the color if possible. I want to get back to my natural hair color as well as a longer length.

2. Weight loss goal - to get to 160lbs by June 2013

My goal has been set to 160 lbs, I feel like that is a reasonable goal for my height which is about 5'10". I am sure my goals will change as the months go on, if I lose more or less than intended. But for now, that is where I am at. Wow, it sounds so crazy... but I think it is definitely possible!
It took me a long time to decide what my final goal is, I mean who knows... I may get to 175lbs and decide that I am where I want to be, I'm not really sure. We'll have to see how it goes.

3. Student Loans: I am currently in the process of paying down my ridiculously annoying student loans. As everyone else says... Sallie Mae is a bitch. I have one loan with interest rate at 10.75% so I am working on killing that one first while paying the minimums on the rest. It is definitely going down, it started off at 8,000 and now it sits in the mid 5,000's. I'm hoping that by June of next year, that loan will be gone and I'll be working on the others. The rate I'm going, that should be no issue.

4. Careers: I am hoping to find a different full time job over the next few months that I'm proud to work at and that deserves my time and efforts and that appreciates my hard work. I don't get that from my current position and I hope to find something in the near future. I also would like to go back to school, but of course that will be saved for when my undergrad loans have disappeared.

5. Become completely self sufficient: I consider myself pretty self-sufficient already but living with my parents makes me feel less self-sufficient... so within the next 1-2 years I would like to move back out, but this is contigent upon my finances so depending on when that happens...

I am sure I have tons of smaller goals, but those are the most important to me (they're not in order according to importance). I'm glad I have finally established my weight loss goals, I had no idea what to choose at first, I was googling healthy weights for my height and all sorts of things but that is where I have landed.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was on facebook at work too and saw you posted something. I'm also trying to grow out my hair again and have been thinking about goals....strange...hope all is well and good luck to you! :) -kasey