Thursday, September 6, 2012

#cleaneating

I started my change in eating habits on Sunday.I could say I've started my diet, but I really hate that word. So I've started my change, it's been a struggle but not too difficult. I started on Sunday and going for two weeks I am eating only fuits, veggies, raw nuts & seeds, beans. No dairy products, no meat, etc. It's actually kind of like going vegan for two weeks but making sure to not have anything processed or any grains. The hardest part is preparation and making sure that I have a days worth of food ready to take to work. The second hardest part is getting past my own thoughts. What I'm eating, I feel full or feel nourished enough, but my mind is telling me that I need more food, or that I want something else. I'm hoping that this will pass, it's just breaking the old habits and creating new ones.

Food, weightloss and all to the side... things have been interesting. I feel like I'm cutting a lot of ties in my life while also rebuilding some other ones. I have a lot of people in my life that don't really know me. Maybe that's my fault, I don't let people in too often, and when I do it feels like a huge risk. Why tell someone so much about yourself if they don't really want to know, or they don't really care. I didn't set out to burn bridges, or wake up one morning saying "Screw everyone, I'm starting new." Maybe I'm just growing up and tired of the crap. There are a bunch of people in my life that are consistently amazing, and I haven't been paying much attention to everyone or making strong efforts on my end because of all the randomness that went on for me this summer. But a new season is upon us and that is all going to change. As corny as it may sound, I'm finally okay to do things on my own and be with my friends on my own. Though it was my decision to end things in my relationship and I was okay doing so, you still get used to being a certain way. Going and hanging out with friends alone when used to being with someone was something that was definitely strange at first but I think I'm good now!
There are a few quotes I've found on pinterest about friendship that have really spoken to me the last few weeks. Below are some of the favorites:

"Sometimes walking away has nothing to do with weakness, and everything to do with strength. We walk away not because we want others to realize our worth and value, but because we finally realize our own."
"Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious."
"Sometimes you have to give up on people, not because you don't care but because they don't."
"There's only so many times you can allow someone to let you down before you can't handle the disappointment anymore. When things change, people change. There's a point in life where you get tired of chasing everyone and trying to fix things, but it's not giving up. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts."

& here are some general ones that I really like. Ones that apply in some way or another.
"Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place"
"If you don't know where you want to go, then it doesn't matter which path you take." - Alice in Wonderland
"Smile and let everyone know that today, you're a lot stronger than you were yesterday."
"It's better to be single and fabulous on your own than it is to settle for a relationship that isn't everything you dreamed it would be."
"Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki (The Lion King)

So I have 9 days left of this super clean eating I'm doing. Then I'm supposed to move directly into a cleanse. I won't go directly into it because I'll be in Ocean City for a bachelorette party and I highly doubt I can hold to a cleanse while there. SO I will be doing the super clean eating until the 16th, as well as I can while out of town on the 15-16. I expect some major slip ups on the 15th, but it's okay. My plan allows for some off days as long as I don't stray too far. No thrashers fries for me but maybe some Fischers popcorn!

I am actually looking forward to my lunch today. It is a salad consisting of romaine lettuce, an ear of corn (sliced off) and 1/2 an avocado with lemon juice & pepper as my dressing. So far today I've had a banana and a handful of almonds. The rest of the day will consist of a snack around 3 with celery and apples. I haven't figured out what I'm going to have for dinner. I think I might stop by Roots on my way home and stock up on some more veggies & fruits. I'll see if they have some black bean burgers or something different to add to the mix.

Until next time...

No comments: