Monday, September 17, 2012

I survived!

The weekend has come and gone and it was a fun one! I went shopping at Roots on Friday afternoon and stocked up! I got some veggie burgers, cranberry/goat cheese stuffed chicken (but it's not chicken it's beans & quinoa, etc), turkey burgers, some amy's organic frozen meals, pesto, veggie pasta, lots of fruit & vegetables, chicken sausage, and some other things.


Saturday was the day for Kim's bachelorette party in Ocean City. I packed up a bag with bananas, apple, dried apples, grapes, applesauce, and a huge bottle of water. It was a lot of fun. There was 9 of us in total: Kim, Kaity, Stefanie, Megan, Sabrina, Samantha, Cassie, and Melissa. There was not too much traffic on the way down and I'm glad I packed my bag with snacks because when we stopped for lunch Wawa was out of forks so I couldn't do the salad I picked out [note to self: carry extra plastic forks on road trips apparently]. We got down to OC around 3, I think. Kaity painted wine glasses for all of us which was awesome and we toasted with Champagne - & the drinking commenced! I stuck to cranberry & vodka (only a little bit of cranberry), it was not too bad but I definitely saw the effect the sugar was having on me. I was really shaky, my hands were shaking and so were my checks when I would try to hold a smile, it was WEIRD. When we went for dinner we ended up at a sub/kabob place, I did a grilled veggie wrap and it came with fries. I had half the fries (figured I would need it for drinking) and I didn't eat the wrap, only the veggies inside. So food wise, I did okay on Saturday, it was the lack of water and the sugary cranberry that did me in. My previously clean body felt like shit on Sunday. The morning wasn't too bad, I had breakfast at Mcdonalds (did an apple and an egg & cheese sandwich since I could add those things in on Sunday) and that combined with the drinking the night before, I was dead. I didn't sleep the ride home but as soon as I got back to my house, I was ready to pass the bleep out!
Today I feel much better, I was a little funky this morning but aside from that I'm doing okay. I feel good about what I ate/drank this weekend. Afterall one day can't mess me up that much, I somehow managed to do a 40 minute walk yesterday with my dog so I got in exercise and once I was home I only ate veggies. I'm definitely not going to beat myself up over all the sugar intake, but I tried someones vodka soda with lime and it was pretty good, so I know what I'm drinking next time. All in all I had a blast for her bachelorette party and I hope everyone else did too!

No comments: