Monday, October 1, 2012

October, wow!

Okay well it's October, can't believe Summer has come and gone. I have some number updates! Apparently I've been working with a freaky scale, or my body is just doing freaky things, I'm not sure.

Me - Sept 2012

But here we go... it's accountability time for me. Since March 2012, I have lost 38lbs -CRAZY! Since August 30th I have lost 22lbs. Now most of this time, I was not actively working out or consistently eating better. There was a brief stint in April when I was doing spin classes, and such but I think that from June 1st until now, I've lost the majority of that 38lbs, especially September -present. For about a month now, I've been scared to get on the scale, saying I'm only going to do it every two weeks etc. I changed my mind, I am doing it every Sunday as well as measuring my arms, bust, waist, hips, butt, thighs, & calves. I want to see the numbers every week to see what's changing. Attached are three pictures. The picture of me blonde in a black & white tube dress is from March 2012, The picture of me in a multicolored dress (& sunglasses on my head) is from June 2012, & the picture of me with the pink beads is from a few weeks ago (sept 2012). Can you see a difference? I think I can, but I'm not really sure, especially since they're not all full body shots. But at least you can see for yourself.
Me - June 2012
Ok so my weight as of September 30 is showing a 14lb change since Aug 30. I think that it may be a little lower, I am a bit bloated right now due to my period but we'll see next week. So there has either been a stand still or some muscle gain over the past two weeks, I'm not sure. But regardless, I'm pushing on. I have 2 full months and a few days to lose 18lbs, but I might as well push it to 20lbs again, so I'm going for 221lbs or less by December 8.

My measurements, I have not been vigilant about taking them either, my fault. But now they will be taken every Sunday along with my weight. I had been to an itworks wrap party in June (where they measured me), and I don't have all my numbers in front of me (Oops, I'm blogging from work). But from memory, there has been a 2inch change in my bust since June and a 4.5 inch change in my hips since June. I'm not sure of the rest (and if I find I was incorrect, I will edit this tonight).


Progress, it makes me happy to know that things are moving along! This weekend I was trying on some clothes, and though my sizes haven't changed too much yet, I am noticing that my clothes are fitting better and more comfortably. Dresses are definitely fitting better. I tried on a dress I wore for a formal event in Vegas in March and it fit significantly better. I think a lot of the weight I've lost so far has come off in my chest-neck area, as weird as that may sound. I figured out what I'm wearing to my friends wedding on October 20th and it fits pretty well now, so hopefully it will be even better then. It is a dress I picked up at JC Penny a few months ago and it is an XL. Now as girls, we all know that sizing is different everywhere. But this dress was a bit tight in the straps and chest area and now that part is fitting great. But I won't be complaining if it is too loose later this month, I'll just have to pick up something better & smaller! We shall see!

Sometimes I start thinking of how much left I have to lose, but then I try to focus on the small goals I've made and it is much less overwhelming. And I definitely have been getting mad at myself for letting myself get to where I am/was. But those are only negative thoughts that are brining me down, and I've made a commitment to myself to try and be more positive. So I'm not going there and it doesn't really matter anyways why and how I got to where I was. It's all about where I'm going now, which is definitely in the opposite direction.

No comments: