Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am thankful...

I am tired, so tired. I got home from work last night around 11:40pm and I went straight to bed! I woke up early this morning around 5:30am and went for a long walk in the neighborhood, up and down the large hill for added exercise. Showered & went to work. I'm here until 4:30pm and then I'm at Kohls from 6pm-12:30am. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and so I started to think of what I'm thankful for. Some of these thanks are quite meaningful and others are completely random, but I'm still thankful. for them!

1. My family. I feel like grouping them in one post may not be the right choice. However, I am so incredibly thankful for them. My mom, dad, brother Ryan, & sister Kelsey. I do not know what I would do if they weren't in my life. We all may not always get along, and I'll go ahead and admit that 60% of that is usually my fault but I wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Kelsey. Yes she does fall into family but she also gets her own post.
Is it possible to have a best friend that is 14 years younger than you? I think so, maybe a different type of friend. We may not share the stories that we share with our friends our own age. I may not share dating or bar stories with her and she does not always share the middle school drama & boy crush things with me. But we can completely be ourselves around eachother without worry or judgement. Because let me tell you, girls are so judgemental at any age. We have a standing evening activity of watching old episodes of Gilmore Girls. And we just belt out the opening song together every time, and it's something I look forward to every week. I don't know what we'll do when we reach the end of the series! LOL We can just hang and lounge and I guess that's what having a sister is like. I just only re-discovered it this summer, especially because she is at an age where we can do this. 10 years ago, when I was 16, she was only 2 so it was more me hanging out with her watching Monsters, Inc. and no one was chatting with the other. Anyways, without rambling anymore, I just am so thankful for her. And her advice, when I can ask it, is so incredibly simple and perfect.

3. Megan. I feel like I am extra thankful for Megan recently. I was a shitty friend for a few years, for various reasons but I'm so happy that we've been hanging out again. I don't think I ever laugh quite as hard as I do when with her. We both say some of the craziest shit when we're together, especially if we've been drinking. And we can talk about anything, and when I say anything... I mean ANYTHING. LOL there is nothing reserved about any of our conversations. I'm not being a shitty friend ever again. Sticking to the mantra "Chicks before Dicks"!!!!!!


4. My friends as a whole. I've really realized how as I've gotten older. Quality of friends has become so much more important that quantity. I have a good group of girlfriends I can really rely on.
Sadaf is a newish friend, we've been friends now for about a year and because we work together and spend 40 hours a week around eachother, I'd say we are really good friends only because she knows EVERYTHING. Lol. It's amazing how you can have a friend so quickly and they know you as well if not better than someone you've known 10 years!
Megan was already mentioned but she goes along with this group of girls... Megan, Kim, Marybeth, & Sabrina. I've had a lot of fun with these ladies the past few months. And going back to what I said before... I'm not being a shitty friend anymore. Some of the four are closer than others, but I really enjoy spending time with them and feel like we can talk about anything together and can relate very well to each others current situations!
Phil... Oh Phil! Though you are away in another country, I am still thankful for you! Though we're not talking that much on a serious level right now.. I know that if I did need you as a listening ear or if I needed you for anything at all... you'd be there for me. And I am very thankful for that! Paris 2013, yeahhh!

I have a few other friends that I'm very thankful for as well.. you know who you are :)

5. Jobs.. yeah I'm thankful for them... whatever. On to the next..
6.Newman! Yes I am so thankful for my little love bug. He is the bun to my burger, the pen to my paper, the french to my fry... you get it! I love that little ass, he's the best dog a girl could ask for!
7.My life. I am so thankful for my life.. don't know what else to say about it...
8. Charlie Humnam.. yep. That's it.. just thankful for him and for FX for allowing me to look at him every Tuesday night.

I thought I had a lot more.. but it seems that is it for now. Perhaps some more will come to me later and I can add to this tonight or tomorrow.
Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: