Monday, December 10, 2012

26 Years Young

I celebrated my 26th birthday this weekend. I am still having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I am that old. Ugh, it makes me cringe a little. Why is time going so fast? It's not fair, it really isn't. I had a lot of fun on my birthday, I went out with Marybeth & Megan and had a blast, as usual.
Can I tell you, how tired I've been since starting this part time job at Kohls?! I feel like I'm never home and that sleep is in short supply. But it's not that bad, just sometimes time drags on especially when the store is empty.

Back to being 26. I don't know who all reads this silly little blog of mine, but I know what I'm about to say... some of you may think I'm ridiculous. But so be it. I feel like there is a stop watch, counting down. Not counting down to the end of my life, but counting down until 30. I feel like I have so much I have and want to do before I turn 30 and 4 years does not seem like a long enough time to complete it. I want to have kids, but I don't want them past 30. This is just my own personal opinion, I feel like I don't want to be that old when my kids are older... but it's just a personal preference. [Update: I've been told I will change my mind and probably have kids after 30. Riggghhhttt] So apparently I'm supposed to meet my dream man and have babies within the next four years. But to me, that seems so out of reach. So I'm making a assumption here that I will not be having any children. I will be the cool Aunt for when my siblings have kids. Another thing I want to do is go back to school, but I haven't figured out for sure what I want to go for. Right now nursing, teacher, or a masters in biology seems intriguing. But here I am standing around being indecisive as usual. I just know that I need to get another degree or figure out what the hek I'm doing. So for me 26 was not a "fun" birthday. Yes of course, I had fun when I went out. I mean more that turning 26, the act of entering my "late" twenties has me a bit overwhelmed. Crap.

Weight loss update....
I haven't weighed in, in two weeks. Ooops! I need to get on that scale. I need to be  accountable, and I will do it tonight when I get home!!! I will post tonight or tomorrow with updates.

*UPDATE*
So this is being added after the fact. My goal was to be at 230 by my birthday (December 8th). But when I weighed in I was at 232lbs. So I missed my goal by two pounds, but ya know what I'm definitely not upset about it. Because in total, I am down 54 mother bleeping pounds. :-)

No comments: