Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving!


 I am in disbelief that Thanksgiving is already around the corner! I am having a hard time with the fact that almost 6 full months have gone by since I've moved home, etc. And I'm almost 3 full months into my weight loss journey or whatever you want to call it. Crazy how time flies!

I weighed and measured in yesterday, and I'm a bit bloated this week but it looks like I'm down 3 pounds. But I didn't weigh in last week. I need to invest in a digital scale, because the one I've been using is old school!!!

With thanksgiving coming up on Thursday, I was thinking about what I'm going to eat, etc. I think that I've planned it out in my head. White meat turkey, green bean casserole (if there is any), salad (if there is any), and yeah depending on what other veggies are there I'll add those. But I know I won't be eating any potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, bread, pie, desert, etc. Keep it away from my side of the table! LOL.

I've become more narcissistic if you will, as I take tons of "selfie" pics these days. I often find myself just taking snapshots of myself in the car, in my room, watching TV, at a friends house, at the bars, on my couch. It's a bit ridiculous, but I think that means I'm getting more comfortable in my own skin... hopefully not too comfortable because I still have a ways to go. Pretty funny when my sister catches me taking pictures of myself, oops! This picture to the top right, of me sitting on the couch. I look at my legs and they look so much smaller than they used to. I know I'm cray, but that's alright with me :) The pic a little above to the left is before my workout the other day Gotta love the pink danskin stuff from walmart, my favorite work out stuff b/c it's so cheap. So with my sizes changing, I don't mind buying it because pants, shirts, & jackets are only like $8-$20 a piece. When I look at that picture, I see more jaw definition and more dimples, etc in my cheeks.


I think going through a quarter life crisis this year LOL. As I approach my 22nd bday (aka 26... but shh), I realize where I am in life and how I feel far behind. I know it's not true, whatever, but can't help how you feel. Anyways, I'm planning to go out on my birthday and whether it is just me and one friend or me and 20 friends, I'm  DETERMINED to have an unforgettable night. Not because it is my birthday, I am going to celebrate my 6 months and my 3 months. My 6 months after making my decision to be single, and my 3 months of losing weight. So I know that it will be EPIC regardless!! Here's to me!
   

No comments: